Monday, May 3, 2010

Crazy Gnome Home

Gnome Home!

I learned a lot from this block. I learned that I am NOT good at wonky. I learned that I am REALLY NOT good at just winging a block. I need a lot of work on both of those things!

I, originally, wanted the little gnome man to look like he’s standing on the front stoop of his crazy cottage. He looks like he’s just floating in mid-air.

I meant for that second, polka dot, story of the house to have a crisp point on the left side. Then, I forgot about seam allowances.

I’m hoping that Sharon doesn’t mind using this less than perfect block in her quilt. I had plenty of fabric left over and I hope she’s able to make some cuter blocks out of it than what I could make!

3 comments:

  1. I like it, and I can't wait to see this quilt put together!!!
    Blessings,

    KT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia, you are far too hard on yourself. To be 100% honest, I think your block is fabulous! And it is really creative. To me it looks like a wonky alpine chalet. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! How fun is a wonky house to explore and find all sorts of adventure in?

    ReplyDelete