Monday, March 8, 2010

Amazing Use of New York Beauties


I just stumbled across this quilt on Flickr and had to share it with you all. It really struck me as so beautiful.

by flickr user Emma_Louise.


The New York Beauty blocks used, here, seem a bit easier than the ones many of us did for February. The smallest pieced curve looks to be bigger (at least bigger than what I pieced). That's where I had most of my troubles and it sounds like, from the comments, others did, too. I also absolutely love the detail in the corner of the block to form such an awesome center.

I think I could manage four more NYBeauty blocks to have something as stunning as this!

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I found if I pieced the inner circle to the inner arc first, things were easier to manage after that! LOL

    I too like the bigger size block. Sew much easier on the fingers!

    There is a flick group dedicated to New York Beauties
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/nybeautyblocks/


    There are some incredibly colorful and beautiful blocks, quilts, purses etc there!

    Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete