Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July Blocks

So, I totally forgot to post our July blocks instructions, here!

All of the fabric went out at the end of June (the 24th, to be exact).

I had a hard time making a decision on what I want so, I actually didn't make a decision! Here's what we'll be doing. I know how creative you all are, so I'm going to let you do your thing with the blocks with just a few guidelines:

  1. 12" finished block (so 12 1/2" when you ship it back to me)
  2. consisting of straight line pieces (wonky is fine, just no curves)
  3. with no readily visible "traditional" block design
  4. fabric will be from Amy Butler's Love line

That's it! You get to make an abstract block that consists of straight line pieces. You're free to add any solid fabrics from your stash, but please don't add any print fabrics (I consider Moda Marbles to be a solid!).

Another quick note - I sent a number of different fabrics for you to play with. Feel free to use as many or as few of the prints as you'd like. Don't feel like you have to use them all!

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment